Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Enough Already!!

I wrote in this post about how my health has gone down hill in the last year or so. In case you don't want to click on the link, here is a brief recap:

* After a year of almost non-stop sinus infections and respiratory problems, which came after a few years of off-on respiratory problems, I went to the allergist and was diagnosed with allergies to pollen, birch trees, coconut (already knew about this odd one), and wasps. It took a few months of tweaking meds, but I've been doing fairly well since then.

*Last summer, I experienced some dizziness and then a middle ear infection, and then "fullness" in my ear, loss of hearing and LOTS more dizziness. I was diagnosed with Meniere's disease last fall.

* I had a bump on my forehead that didn't look right. I also had redness on my cheeks that would get worse in the cold or the heat and after exercising. I went to a dermatologist and was diagnosed with basal cell carcinoma on my forehead. I had Moh's surgery to remove it in January. I was also diagnosed with rosacea and now I use a facial gel and take a low dose antibiotic.

* In early January 2010, I was admitted to the hospital after experiencing heart attack-like symptoms. I was cleared and released, but I was put on a cholesterol lowering drug (and it was recommended that I exercise and lose weight - I exercise most days and I've lost 80 pounds so far. Go me!)

* I've had problems with my teeth for years now. In 2010, I had two root canals and two crowns put in and a couple of fillings. There went over $2000 out of my pocket. Ouch.

---------------

More recently:

* On March 19th, I was eating something (soft) and one of my crowns fell off. No big deal, right? They'll just glue it back on the tooth. Except that THE TOOTH broke off in the crown. This was now a VERY BIG VERY EXPENSIVE deal. And of course, it didn't happen on a back tooth or something. On one of my top FRONT teeth. A bit hard to overlook the big gaping hole in my mouth. After weighing my two (expensive) options, I ended up going with a dental implant followed in a few months by a crown. Total cost: $3000, out of pocket. Oh, did I mention we are still making payments on the $2000 dental bill from last year too? And did I also mention that the dental surgeon AND our new dentist (we changed dental insurance) require all the money up front before providing services??? Thankfully, I have parents who love me and will help a daughter in need.

* I was diagnosed with tendinitis in my right foot. In the grand scheme of things, this has been the most minor, but it has hindered my gym attendance as of late, and is sort of annoying in general. It hurts a little bit all the time, and a bit more when I exercise. I also have some left knee pain. Similar to the the foot pain - a little bit all the time and more when I exercise.

* And then THIS Saturday, my lower back started itching. Then my neck. Then my head. I tried to ignore it. Sunday, we went out of town. I had broken out in a red rash by this time. It was all over most of my torso. I could no longer ignore it. I took Benedryl, which did nothing, well, except help me sleep. I went to the Dr. today and he said that it is probably an allergic reaction to something (really???) and that 90% of the time, you can't figure out the cause and most of the time, it goes away and doesn't reoccur. So he put me on Zyrtec for 12 days along with Prednisone. I've taken 3 doses so far. NO CHANGE. I'm still itching and I still have the rash.

--------------

So, I'd just like to put in a request for a moratorium for medical and dental issues. For at least 6 months. A year would be fantastic, but I don't want to be completely unrealistic.

1 comment:

Normal Mom said...

Well I love you even if you are toothless, gimpy and bright red.

I hope you get some relief soon! I'm sorry your are having such a hard time.

Love you!