Wednesday, February 22, 2012

So Lent begins today, and

I'm not going to do 40 days of Lenten posts this year.  I've tried that the past two years, and I always end up with something going wrong (computer breaking, family sick, etc.)

But I have been thinking about what I want to do with this year during Lent.  I like the idea of having 40 days to do something.  40 days is not so long if it is something hard to do and that you don't really want to change, but long enough to start making it a habit if it is something you want to change. 

And I don't know if I am actually going to "give something up" this year.  And I'm not going to make sure and do something something specific every single day.  I am going to be a little more gentle with myself and go for something a little more open-ended. 

Here are some things that I've thought of doing for the next 40 days:

- Trying to get to bed earlier at night.
- Doing some walking outside each week
- Finding a time to do something special with each member of my family
- Reading more
- Writing more
- Making time to do something with a friend or two
- Trying to pause before I start speaking when I'm annoyed
- Cooking more
- Working on a business plan for both my freelance writing/training business and for Simply Living In The City
- Starting some seeds indoors

I'll report at the end of the 40 days to let you know how my "Gentle" Lent went this year.


No comments: