Monday, October 29, 2012

Fall finds a way

I was bemoaning the fact that we haven't been doing many of our fall traditions this year and it was making me sad. 

But then the kids said things like:

"You know Mom, even though we didn't go to that one festival, the leaves still changed anyway. And aren't they so pretty?"

"Remember that perfect day last week? A little breeze and 65 and sunny with big puffy clouds?"

"I love how Fall means you wear shorts one day and need a scarf the next." (This can be true most of the year in Illinois LOL)

Or

"I loved seeing the combine harvester on the drive home last weekend."

"You make the best applesauce ever, Mom." (They really did say that.  I'm not just lying or bragging.  I don't know if it is the BEST,  but I'm glad they love it!)

"Our scarecrows are way better than skulls, don't you think?"

------------

And it made me feel much better. 

But still, I'm going to do my best to make it out to more of our fall favorite things next year.  I need as much fall love as possible in my weather basket to make it through winter!!!!

No comments: