Monday, November 19, 2012

Daybook: November 19, 2012

I am thankful for… Well, it is THE month to be thankful, right? And I'm going to go for the easy, cheesy answer, but it is true.  I'm thankful for my family.  I still remember that night, years and years ago, when I was thought "You know, I don't think I'm ever going to get married and have a family."  I was so saddened by that thought.  I had other dreams besides getting married and having children, but having a family was always one of the bigger dreams too.  And I didn't get married soon after that.  It was years afterwards.  Almost 10 years after that sad night.  But yet, here I am, getting ready to celebrate my 17th Thanksgiving as a family. 

I also heard someone say that you can't be thankful and unhappy.  And I probably spend too much time being unhappy and not enough time being thankful. 

At work… Well, I was up for a full-time job recently and didn't get it, but I'm up for another one now, and it is a much better match.  I'm trying to be hopeful.  It is hard, but I'm trying.

From the kitchen… Well, I'm not cooking anything right now, but I did clean the fridge and cabinets this weekend, and went shopping for all the Thanksgiving food.  I have a 20 pound turkey defrosting in the refrigerator.

I am wearing… I could lie, but I won't.  I'm still wearing my pajamas.  To be fair, it IS only 8:46 am.  One of the benefits from working from home though is that you can stay in your pajamas all day if you want!

I am creating… well, I'm trying anyway.  I'm trying to create more peace in our home.  Sometimes it is hard with 5 people and one is a teenager girl, one is a pre-teen girl, and one is a very active 8 year old boy.

I am going… to try and run some errands today.  I have been slacking on those lately.  Sometimes, I get sucked into my work, and I look up and it is 4:30 pm already and time to start shuttling the kids to all their activities. 

I am reading…The Kitchen House.  Still.  I need to get going on the November book though. 

I am hoping… that 2013 is a good year for our family.  It would be nice to have a full year of goodness.

I am hearing… the dryer running. I swear, I do so much laundry, it feels like there are 10 people, at least, who live here.

Around the house… I still have quite a bit of cleaning to do before Thursday, but the kids are off starting on Wednesday, so I'll enlist their help in at least cleaning up the downstairs.

One of my favorite things… laughing.  I don't do enough of it, but it is one of my favorite things to do. 

No comments: