Monday, December 1, 2008

Daybook - December 1st

I'm actually posting this on Monday!

Outside My Window ...
Snow, snow, snow! We had our first snow over the weekend.
We cleaned up the yard on Friday, and I'm so glad.
***
Towards rhythm and beauty ...
I'm grateful for the rhythm that our days have, especially now that I teach preschool and watch children every day. It makes things more predictable and calmer for us all.
***
I am thankful for ...
my family. We had such a nice time during Thanksgiving working together and being together.
***
From the learning rooms ...
For the preschoolers, lots of new things out on the shelves. I always put new things out at the beginning of the month, and I also have some seasonal activities out too. For Flower, she is working with her new book, Usborne Book of Peoples of the World. We've also re-vamped her schedule so that she works on every subject every day Monday through Thursday and has Friday off for working on sewing and cooking projects.
***
From the kitchen ...
We are done eating Thanksgiving leftovers. We are having Chicken, Brown Rice & Vegetables for dinner tonight.
***
I am wearing ...
a blue sweatshirt that says Pfizer, Groton, CT that I got about ten years ago when I was visiting my good friend, Wendy who works for Pfizer.
***
I am creating ...
caps for the Caps to Haiti project and more Christmas presents.
***
I am going ...
to stay inside today. The snow is beautiful, but I don't feel like venturing out on to the roads today.
***
I am reading...
High Spirits.
***
I am hoping...
that everyone enjoys their Christmas presents.
***
I am hearing ...
quiet again! Super is at his first day of Pre-K this afternoon, and the two girls that I watch are both sick today, and the baby is still on vacation.
***
Around the house ...
it looks a lot like Christmas! We decorated outside on Friday and inside last night. We also cleaned the house on Saturday, so the house looks clean AND festive.
***
One of my favorite things ...
is doing Advent activities with my children.
***
A few plans for the rest of the week ...
It's a busy week - Jelly Bean has Daisy Girl Scouts tonight, and basketball on Tuesday and Thursday, Flower has 4-H on Thursday, and I've got a church activity on Thursday. I still haven't figured out how we are going to get to all of those places on Thursday.
***
Here is picture thought I am sharing ...

Daybook created by Peggy at http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

No comments: