Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Daybook: April 24th, 2012

It's been awhile since I did a daybook! I think I'll try and do them on a more regular basis.  Maybe not the same day every week, but at least a couple times a month or so.

I am thankful for… the fact that Mr. Simple has had lots of work lately.  The money, of course, is nice, but it is also great to see him busy doing something that he really enjoys doing. 

At work… Well, my part-time writing gig ended ahead of schedule, and then I did the Earth Week classes last week.  I'm hoping that my freelance project starts up again soon, but until then, I'm trying to keep busy with projects for Simply Living In The City.  (When you are trying to start a new business, there is always stuff on your to-do list!)

From the kitchen… I bought some asparagus at Farmer's Market this weekend, and so I thought we would have grilled asparagus and salad tonight for dinner.  Glad to see the "greens" back!

I am wearing… clogs, jeans, t-shirt and a fleece jacket.  Comfy spring clothes.  (Yes, I'm actually not wearing yoga pants LOL)

I am creating… my garden. I have been putting out transplants, and planting spinach seeds, beet seeds, pea seeds, and um, I don't remember what else? LOL My perennial herbs look really good.  I was surprised, actually, that they did so well.  And one less thing to have to plant this year!

I am going… by bicycle more lately.  I try to, at the very least, bike with Jelly Bean to and from swim team practice. 

I am reading… EcoMind.  I'm not very far into it, but so far, I like it.

I am hoping… that the garden does well this year.  Every spring, I hope that the garden does well.  :) Most years, it does. 

I am hearing… wind and birds chirping.  We have lots of birds in our yard and at the feeder.  I love sitting at the laptop at the kitchen table and watching them.

Around the house… Still working on rearranging furniture.  I really wish that we had a little more money available right now so we could finish off the living room.  But I will try and be patient.  We have it budgeted for in a couple months.  I just want it, like this afternoon.

One of my favorite things… shopping at the garden center. I love wandering around and looking at the different plants and seeds and compost.  Yes, I'm just that weird! I compare compost prices!

No comments: