Friday, May 29, 2009

OK, not that I had much pride to begin with but . . .

I think I've lost any that I might have had, and am now resorting to begging.

(Oh, and this post is mostly for the local readers, by the way.)

I am expanding Montgomery Academy a bit, and I'm going to try and go ahead and get licensed to do child care. My goal is to up and running with the new and improved Montgomery Academy by September 2009.

I need/want quite a few things for MA. You know me, though, and I want to avoid having to buy new. So I thought I would throw the list out here to ya' all. If you have any of this stuff, and you are willing to sell it to me, let me borrow, or ESPECIALLY go to a garage sale and buy for me and I'll pay you back, that would be great, (I often can't get out early enough to garage sales, and when I do, I have to take all the children with me. And I have the most rotten luck at garage sales when I really need something. I can't tell you how many times I've pulled up JUST as the item I need/want is being sold.). Or see on Craigslist or Freecycle at a thrift store or whatever and get and I'll pay you back/pick it up, etc.

I'm o.k. with a little dirty, and used. I'm not o.k. with broken/not easily fixable, or completely worn out. I'm willing to pay a fair price. Anyway, here's the list:
=========

(Updated on 07/04/09)

** A Little Tikes or Step2 climber - check
** Cozy Coupe - check
** A plastic picnic table - check
** A sandbox with a cover - check
** Wood bookcases from 2 shelf to 5 shelf - need one more
** Wooden toys for children Zero to 5 - can always use more
** child-sized indoor table - check
** Wood trays, especially with handles - can always use more
** Writing table - check
** Art or music materials - can always use more

More long shot items

** window well covers for larger window wells - decided I didn't need them
** 2-3 daycare cots - check
** cubbies for coats/backpacks, etc. - still need
** large corkboards - still need
** A laptop - can be older. But needs to work! and be able to be able to used with a wireless router. - still need

Oh, and for my sister,

I'm always on the look-out for capris for Flower and Jelly Bean - size 10. The rest of you don't need to be on the look-out for stuff for my family. Well, unless you want to, of course.
---------

I also have one opening starting June 1st, if you know anyone looking for daycare.

O.K., back to more "regular" posting. Whatever that is. I really should stop trying to define my blog. It is what is. It is just stuff about my crazy, multi-faceted, life.

5 comments:

Whacky Wheelers said...

We have a turtle sandbox with a lid but the sun has worn out the color. I'll check out our stuff for some other things toooooo. We LOVE Montgomery Academy! What size is Super wearing these days? We might have some things for him.

AndieF said...

Oh, I don't care about fading. Super is in size 5 - but I'll take 6's too! He'll grow into them eventually. I can't seem to talk him out of it, unfortunately.

Whacky Wheelers said...

When the 40 days and 40 nights of rain stop . . . we'll bring the sandbox by. I've been trying to clean out Matthew's closet for the last month. Maybe Super will motivate me!!

Mary said...

I will definitely be on the look out. For some reason I am garage sale obsessed this year, so doing some service while I am at it would be good.

AndieF said...

Mary, thanks! And you seem to be the queen of good finds, so I'm glad to have you on the lookout for me!!