Monday, September 14, 2009

A blogging slump, sort of . . .

This Picture doesn't have anything to do with my post. It is just a picture of the Simple Kids from this summer when we went up to Shedd Aquarium and Millenium Park. We had a Great Day.


There have been a few reasons why I haven't been posting lately -

1. Started homeschooling on August 31st. My sister is working with me at Montgomery Academy, and her two oldest children (boy, age 10, and boy, age 8) come with her. In addition to homeschooling Flower, Jelly Bean is being homeschooled this year. So we are homeschooling 4 kids - and they are in 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade and 5th grade. Lisa teaches in the morning. She does Literature, History, and Language Arts (Writing, Spelling, Grammar). I teach in the afternoon. I do Math, Science, Geography, and "Specials." (I do a different Special each day. We are doing Art, Music, Instruments - Recorder for the youngers and Keyboard for the olders, Poetry, and Shakespeare.) It's taken a couple weeks to get into the swing of things.

2. I went to my grandma's funeral and so I was gone Friday, September 4th through Sunday, September 6th. And then it was Labor Day, but Mr. Simple had taken the kids out of town for the weekend, so I wasn't there, taking pictures or doing any of the fun Labor Day stuff.

3. Preschool started the day after Labor Day, on Tuesday, September 8th, so I just finished the first week of preschool.

4. Spent the last two nights canning some of our garden's harvest - tomato sauce and green beans. My sister and I used a pressure canner for the first time. I had been a little nervous about it, but I shouldn't have been. It was easy. It took us awhile, but it was easy.

5. I've just sort of been in a funk. Haven't felt like "talking" and wasn't really feeling inspired to write anything.


But as soon as I get my camera back (I left it at my sister's house), at the very least, I'll do a picture post about canning.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Can't wait to see your canning photos. I need to can. I actually have time now and want to focus on my future food storage. BTW, I can't imagine not wanting to "talk." LOL