Saturday, September 19, 2009

Women Living Wisely - What is that again???

You may have heard me talk about this on this blog before. Women Living Wisely is an activity that held on the 3rd Friday of every month and we talk about ways to live simply and providently. We follow the topics from the LDS Provident Living site - Education, Health, Employment, Home Storage, Finances, Humanitarian Aid, and Social and Emotional Strength. My friend Joy and I put it together a couple years ago when I was really starting to get excited about the idea of trying to live simply. It is sponsored through our church, but anyone is welcome to come.

Last night, it was Women Living Wisely night (or as we often write it - WLW) and they talked about Employment. They talked about the balance between home and work as well as ideas for getting yourself going on accomplishing goals. And they talked a lot about how there is a season for everything in your life as well. From all reports, a nice night chatting with other women and getting ideas and support. I couldn't make it last night because we were have a slumber party for some child who will be turning 10 soon . . . .

But Women Living Wisely has become something Important to me. I've learned so much about these topics - some of my favorites have been stress management, what to do with wheat, discovering your potential, and being Fit for Life. Learning from other peoples experiences is truly invaluable. But the other thing that I have gained from Women Living Wisely is support. So often, I feel like there are so many things that I need and want to do - with living a simple life, but also in my life as a parent and as a woman. It is hard to juggle it all, and it doesn't help when you feel like you are doing it all alone. And when I meet with these women, I realize that I'm not. They are there to support me, I'm there to support them, we are there to support each other. And to laugh. A LOT. Because laughing helps you get through anything - a little bit easier.

1 comment:

The Queen Bee said...

I heart WLW!!! I am really excited that you and Joy are in charge again! Can't wait for next month.