Monday, August 9, 2010

I wouldn't say I have regrets

about this summer, but I wish we could have done more of some things, and I wish that we had done some things that we haven't and probably won't.

There, of course, was lots of good. The garden is going better than last year, and I've been much more healthy this summer too - much more walking/jogging and eating healthy. And while we did and enjoyed the summer library program, we did much less of the optional activities and a lot more reading.

But we didn't go camping, and we played outside less than I would have liked. But there was more playing together, which I did like. And we did do quite a bit of walking together which was fun. And lots of art. And games. And just free play in the living room.

I didn't get to go on vacation this year, but I have plans to change that for next year. I've already blocked out the dates with my daycare/preschool families for next August, and I'm taking a whole two weeks off. I haven't done that in I don't know how long. And I'm saving up my pennies starting now so that it happens.

I just wish that August could be a little cooler and a little longer. That would make Summer just about perfect.

No comments: