Friday, December 9, 2011

Daybook: December 6th

I tried to publish this post on the 6th, but I was having all kinds of problems.  So you get my daybook post from the 6th on the 9th.  Better late than never?

*********

I haven't done a daybook in who knows how long, so I thought I'd do one more before the end of 2011. 

I am thankful for ... that I've been able to do some freelance training lately.  It makes my day very busy since I am still doing preschool/daycare too, but I really, really enjoy doing training again.  I didn't realize how much I've missed it until I started doing it again. 

From the learning rooms ... Well, I just have the one learning room now since I just have the preschoolers.  We decided in the fall to have all three children go to public school.  I miss homeschooling, but I still feel like we have made the right decision for our family.  Anyway, we are learning about the letter G, the color green, Europe, winter, evergreen trees, and rectangles.

From the kitchen ... I made a semi-homemade apple pie the other day, and we made homemade french vanilla ice cream tonight to go with it.  I love making our own ice cream.  So, so good and I love knowing what exactly I am eating.  Not to mention the fact that I can make any kind of ice cream I want!

I am wearing... white turtleneck, blue t-shirt, and sweats. Wool socks. I am more dedicated to warmth than I am to fashion. :)

I am creating... lots of gifts.

I am going... hmm. I don't go out much lately. I keep really busy around the house between watching the daycare children and the freelance training and creating presents, and oh, lots of stuff. Stuff I still need to talk about here. Anyway, I don't go much of anywhere these days.

I am reading... The Seasons on Henry's Farm. It is about year on a sustainable farm that is close to my house. I'm not very far into it yet, but it is definitely my kind of book.

I am hoping... that there is more peace. In my life, in our family, in the world.

I am hearing... not much. I am writing this post in the evening after everyone has gone to bed.

Around the house... things are quite festive! I decorated early this year. I usually wait until well into December, but this year, Flower talked me into decorating the day after Thanksgiving. We are celebrating Advent this year, but in a very, very simple way this year. We are mostly just enjoying being together this month.

One of my favorite things... Well, not to be too corny or anything, but one of my favorite things lately is just living the Simple Life more. I am creating more and more things by hand, I am more self reliant, I am more frugal. Sometimes living the Simple Life makes me feel poor or resentful. But not lately. Lately, it makes me feel happy. And content.

1 comment:

Whacky Wheelers said...

My neighbor, Michelle, did an internship with Henry and still helps out when he needs her. She's much like you and I've been trying to get her to come to your classes.