Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Not that it is exciting to most people . . . .

but I'm happy to be doing laundry again.

Well, technically, I was doing have been the last couple of months, but the dryer was mostly broken, and LOUD (did I mention LOUD??? It was, in case I didn't mention it.) So I would let the laundry back up because I didn't want to listen to it, and deal with clothes that weren't dry after 90 minutes, etc. The loudness probably could have been fixed by a repair person, as well as the other things, but it wasn't a great dryer to start with, and it was almost 8 years old.

So, we made a purchase. A new washer AND dryer.

It is the LG 2050. We have our laundry area in a hallway between two bedrooms, so we stacked them so that we could have an area on the side for folding and storing laundry baskets, etc. Plus, we weren't going to purchase the pedestals, so this way, only the washer is low.

It's been two days. So far, I'm a fan. It even plays a little song at the end of the cycle to tell you it is finished. MUCH better than an annoying buzz.

4 comments:

Normal Mom said...

There is nothing quite so exciting as a new appliance. You'll probably be using less water and detergent as well too. I love my washer and dryer. Enjoy!

AndieF said...

Yes, I tell myself that I bought it to help be more "green", which I did, but it was also pretty exciting to get something new. It's been awhile since we purchased something new, at least something on that scale. Mr. Simple voted to use the money for a new TV. He was overruled. LOL No, seriously, he did vote for the washer and dryer. He was just hoping for the washer and dryer AND the TV. LOL

Stacey said...

VERY NICE!! I agree..I love new appliances-especially ones I HAVE to use all the flippin' time! They are beautiful!!!

Whacky Wheelers said...

Green with envy! Tell Mr. Simple to go and watch laundry rolling around and pretend it's a TV!