Monday, January 17, 2011

First Daybook of 2011: January 17, 2011

I am thankful for... the clothes I found in my closet this week. I had lost a bunch of weight back in 2006, and bought three skirts. I haven't been able to fit into them since uh, 2006, and I was growing weary of the one dress and one skirt that I had been wearing to church. Now I've suddenly almost tripled my Sunday wardrobe and I didn't have to spend a dime!

From the learning rooms... The preschoolers are working on Antarctica, snow related activities, the letter O, the number 5 and the color grey. Jelly Bean is working on Charlemagne in history, verbs in Language, New Mexico in Geography, 4 time tables and gallons/quarts in Math, ink in Art, and primates in Science. She also started going to Gym N' Swim at the YMCA last week (through our homeschool group - 45 minutes of swimming and 45 minutes of traditional PE activities.)

From the kitchen... Chicken Noodle Soup. I really love winter foods - soups, root vegetables - especially roasted. YUMMY! Oh, and Hot Chocolate. Have I ever mentioned that I love Hot Chocolate??? :)

I am wearing... blue yoga pants, an adult sized Swim Team t-shirt, and my grey wool socks. Hey, I had an allergist appointment this morning. I wanted to be warm and comfortable.

I am creating... organization to my closet. :)

I am going... to doctors this week. I'm hoping that soon I will be able to go a few months between all these appointments. Today, it was the allergist, tomorrow, the ENT, and Wednesday, I have to travel down to Springfield for a small medical procedure.

I am reading... The Seventeen Traditions and Rocket Boys. The author of Rocket Boys is coming to the local community college for a Q & A in March and so I thought I try and read it before his visit.

I am hoping... that my family knows how much I love them. I attended a funeral this weekend of a wonderful woman. I am sure that her family knew how much she loved them, and vice versa.

I am hearing... Thankfully, not much. The toddlers are sleeping and Jelly Bean (and Super and Flower who are home from school the today and tomorrow) are playing a board game together.

Around the house... Trying to embrace the grey and cold of January by decorating with snowflakes and pictures of the children's snowmen.

One of my favorite things... Watching movies with my kids on the weekends. We all get our blankets and snuggle on the couch together. Makes me smile just thinking about it.

No comments: