and decided to do my 25 things too. I'm just posting it here instead of on Facebook, but I'll mention it in my status to check here for those of you who aren't regular checkers of my blog.
1. I went to elementary school with Matthew Sweet and loved his Girlfriend CD and listened to it all the time back in the early 90s.
2. When I was in elementary school, when I walked home, I used to pretend that I was Samantha from Bewitched and that I could make the leaves move or the birds sing or the clouds move when I twitched my nose. As far as I know, I didn't actually have supernatural powers.
3. When I was 4th and 5th grade, I was also obsessed with reading books about kid witches and warlocks, etc.
4. Until recently, I was a voracious reader, and I got my bachelor's degree in English.
5. But I haven't read any Harry Potter books and I haven't seen any of the movies.
6. When I wasn't pretending that I could control the weather, I would pretend that I was an olympic track star. I never made it to the olympics, but I did run the 800 meter event in track in high school.
7. My dad had a heart attack when he was 38 and I was 11. 31 years later, he is still alive, and doing well. I am blessed.
8. Our wedding song was "Fantastic, That's You" by Louis Armstrong. I've never heard it at anyone else's wedding.
9. I ran away from home on more than one occassion.
10. I changed my major in college several times - Microbiology, English, Nursing, Spanish, Communications, English education, and English.
11. I graduated from high school in 1984, but didn't get my bachelor's degree until 1993.
12. I started graduate school in 1994 (in English) and dropped out after a year. I went back to school in 2002, and graduated in 2005 with a master's in technology (and certificates in project manangement and training/development.)
13. I haven't worked full-time outside of the home since 2003.
14. I'm afraid of heights, but I love roller coasters.
15. I love to swim. I got a fish tatoo partly because of my love of swimming.
16. I love Diet Pepsi - especially DP Max and DP Wild Cherry.
17. I was the Junior Champion in the state of Nebraska for target shooting (using a .22 rifle) in 1981.
18. At the same time, I taught Hunter Safety and BB Gun Safety.
19. I haven't used a gun since 1994.
20. I am working on writing two books.
21. I don't like salty foods much or sugary foods. The big exception to the sugar foods is chocolate. I love it - especially milk chocolate. But DON'T go mixing fruit with my chocolate. UCK! Nuts are o.k. though. (Oh, and York Peppermint Patties! YUMMY!)
22. I could eat cold cereal three meals a day for the rest of my life and be perfectly content.
23. I have lots of food "texture" issues, and I have to eat all of one type of food on my plate before I move to the next thing.
24. I have great girlfriends, and I'm not really shy, but sometimes I have to force myself to go out and do stuff or talk to them.
25. I love my kids. I could, of course, be a better mom, but I do let my kids (and other people's kids) use all kinds of art stuff pretty much anytime they want to. That gives me some cool mom points, doesn't it?
So how much of this did you know? Did I surprise anyone?
A Mantra for Dealing with Life’s Annoyances
12 hours ago