Monday, December 7, 2009

Once Upon A Holiday, Part III

This event actually wasn't part of the downtown Holiday festival, but I was on a roll there with my titles. On Saturday night, we went to our church's Christmas party. They did a Christmas play, caroling, visiting with Santa, and cocoa and cookies. It was very nice, but I must admit that I was getting a little overloaded with the Christmas spirit by this time. (This was our fourth Christmas event in 24 hours.) I was torn about going to this because it just seemed like TOO much (see my Simplifying The Holidays post). I was frustrated because there were just so many events in our community that were scheduled for these two days, and then from then on, there were plenty of days with none, or just one thing, and many of the other things were events that my children weren't interested in/hadn't been talking about all year, etc. But I am the grown-up. I should have said no to something.

We have the preschool Christmas party next week, but I think that might be it. The only other thing scheduled for this month is gift preparation and family visits. And that is enough. I mean that in a good way.

It's a bit hard to see, but above the gym,
there was a scroll with the names of all
the children that had been good this year.

Super having one of the MANY cups
of cocoa that we had had in the past 24 hours.

The play

Super talking to Santa

Jelly Bean

Flower

No comments: