Saturday, December 4, 2010

I really have a problem . . .

I am sort of working on writing a book about Simple Living. I did a bunch of research this summer. It was quite fun, really. I did a bunch of reading on all kinds of stuff. Sometimes I'd go to the library looking for one book, but ending up with something else that I didn't even know about, but somehow, it ended up being connected. Or it was just really cool. Or really funny.

And I've also been working on creating Seasonal Menus and so I went to the library and checked out a bunch of cookbooks.

And I'm homeschooling and teach preschool, so I often get books at the library to supplement.

And my kids love to check out books at the library.

Why is all this going to the library a problem you ask? Well, it isn't the going that is the problem. I, obviously, love going to the library and I love that my kids love to go to the library.

It is getting the books back in a timely manner that is the problem.

I can renew the books online, so that should help. It hasn't. I live close by, so that should help. It hasn't.

The library currently has a program where you can bring in a can to cover $2.50 in library fines. I'm embarrased at how many cans that I would need to bring in my account current. It is over 10. And 15. Sigh. And with all my simple living and home canning, I don't have a lot of actual "cans" around to bring in.

So today, I have to run out to Aldi's to buy some foods in cans to that I can be let out of library "jail" and be able to borrow books again. I will return books in a timely manner after this. I promise.

(Yea, right. LOL)

2 comments:

Whacky Wheelers said...

I know EXACTLY how you feel! When we cleaned up for company on Thanksgiving . . . we accidently put three DVDs from the Library in with our other DVDs. $1 per night per DVD . . . . we had three DVDs overdue for a week. Aaarrgghhh! I was GRATEFUL if was paying with cans instead of money!!!

Kristi Nommensen Dorson said...

I have this exact same problem, only my library won't take cans. BOOO. But we all love books, love the library, they let us renew online, and we live close by, and yet we STILL keep books for, oh, sometimes weeks longer than we are supposed to. I feel shame! lol.