Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Merry Christmas from The Simple Family!

Well, the first thing I have to announce is that I got myself a coat! I know it isn't that exciting to most people, and don't fear, I did have something to keep me warm - it was even a winter coat. I have a parka and it keeps me warm, and I do like it, I suppose, but it is very light blue and ALWAYS looks dirty, and it certainly isn't my style really, and it looks very out of place when I wear it with say, a dress or anything more than jeans. The other exciting thing is that I bought the coat in the Misses department. Yep, no more "Womens" department or Plus sizes for me. Well, that isn't entirely true - I'm still a few pounds away from being able to shop in Misses for jeans, but I'm getting close on those too. I got a dark grey cashmere peacoat. It is just lovely. (It was also a screamin' deal. Gotta love that.) I'll try and take a picture of me in it soon.

Here is a picture of Jelly Bean by the tree and the presents, pre-opening.

A picture of all three as they looked at their stockings - they usually get candy and a calendar. Everybody got a bunch of lovely presents - some thrifted, some handmade, and some purchased new, but all were very thoughtful.

Later, we went out to the cemetery to wish Christopher a Merry Christmas. We have a ton of snow right now in here in Illinois.


By his grave marker

I love this one with their feet. The greens are from our Solstice Party centerpiece (Thanks Mary!) The kids wanted to bring him a tree and I suggested the branches and they thought it was a great idea.

We also brought him a candy cane. Merry Christmas Christopher!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you all had a wonderful Christmas!! I love the picture with the centerpiece and candy for Christopher. I was thinking of him too as my dear friend lost her baby at 37 weeks a few days before Christmas. ((HUGS))to you and your family and Merry Christmas Christopher!

Minerva Jo said...

the pictures are just... WOW. thank you for sharing Christopher.