Thursday, October 6, 2011

A Book A Day Keeps The Doctor Away?

Well, I haven't been reading a book a day. Well, some days I have. It was DEFINITELY a summer of reading. I could read at the pool during swim team practice, and I could read while I was laid up with my burns. I could read while the kids played. And I could read at night.

And courtesy of my Nook that I got for my birthday, I can bring lots of "books" on our weekend trips without having to load up a bag. I also love my Nook for when I'm waiting. At the dr. office. At school. At the pool. I still get most of my books at the thrift store and I still doing a lot of borrowing from the library.

Some of the fiction I read was: The Jane Austen Book Club, The Prodigal Summer, The House of Sand and Fog, Plain Truth, Transgression, The Girls Guide to Hunting and Fishing, and While I Was Gone.

On my Nook, so far, I've read: The Help, The Happiness Project, Half Broke Horses, and The Glass Castle.

Non-fiction, of course, was "Simple" reading: Gardening, Root Cellaring, Knitting, Edible Gardens, that sort of stuff. It is funny, I used to have to really dig for these type of books, and they were usually books that were published in the 1970s. This year, there are tons of books in the "New" section. Makes me wish I would have taken the time to get my book written a couple years ago when there was less competition. Oh well. Life happens, right?

And this year, I am even going to do Book Club with my friend Mary! Yes, Mary from my Another Ode to Mary Mary Commentary! The same friend that we talked about books at at Women Living Wisely about how I wanted to start reading more. The friend who said that she would be my "book friend!"

I'm so glad I finally started taking time to "read" again. I missed it!

No comments: