Thursday, August 6, 2009

So why haven't I been posting about my food deals lately?

Well, part of it has been time - we had a VERY busy summer up until last week. It takes me about 2 hours on Sunday/Monday and another hour on Wednesday/Thursday to do the Food Storage Deals, and I just didn't have that kind of time. And while my time, especially during the day, is less busy now, I've been tending to the garden in my free time in the evenings. It was SORELY neglected in July, and there were lots of weeds to show for it.

The other thing is that I haven't been doing much shopping. Part of it again was time, but the other thing is that I don't teach preschool in the summer anymore, and I have one less daycare child in the summer, and so our food budget is quite a bit less during the summer too. And then, I decided that after 7 years of living in this house, I really needed to have the living room/hall and stairway painted, and the money for the paint and supplies came out of the grocery budget.

So I haven't been shopping as much, and we've been filling in with food from the 3 month supply. I should be back to posting coupon/food storage deals/once a month cooking stuff in the fall.

Despite not shopping for food, I did manage to squeeze enough money out of the budget to pick out a couple of deals at thrift stores. Priorities, you know?? LOL I'll post pictures later.

No comments: