Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Lazy Summer Days


Here's the Simple Kids and the little girl that I watch (after almost two years of watching her, she is going to Kindy in the Fall! Sniff! We'll miss you! She's become almost like Super's twin sister.) We don't have anything scheduled for almost a month, and so we are just hanging out and doing whatever. We decided to go on a walk today, and we stopped to run around at a local football field. Go Team! (Oh and yes, Flower is wearing the same dress she wore to the Fair. She loves that thing! Bought on a very rare shopping trip last fall, and my dear friend Stacey talked me into (just kidding Stacey!) buying some clothes at Old Navy and the Gap that were on clearance. I must say, the kids have loved them all!


Then we came home and we've been listening to music while we cleaned the house. It helps us all get the work done faster. After this, we are going to go play in the sprinkler.


I was reading on a blog that I follow that said Time Is All That We Are Given. I don't know that the person who wrote it on the blog was the author of the quote, but I don't know who wrote it, but I've been thinking about it for the past couple of days. It's made me think a lot about my life, and what I've spent time doing, and what I've not done. And it has made me think about the time that I've had on this earth, and what if today is my last day. (Hope not!) Or next week (Hope not!) But I do want to make the best of the time I have been given. I need to be purposeful with my Time and not wait for "someday" to do some of the things that I want to do. But I will also never regret spending Time just walking, listening, working, playing with my kids either.

No comments: