Monday, January 12, 2009

First Daybook post for 2009

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


Monday, January 12th, 2009


Outside My Window... there are grey skies, and a little bit of snow on the ground. More snow is expected tomorrow, along with cold temperatures the rest of the week, especially Thursday.

I am thinking... about how much I don't enjoy cold weather, or winter really. I keep trying to find ways to at least appreciate it, and I haven't been able to find anything. I just don't like it. I guess for me, it is just one of those "opposition in all things" sort of things, so I guess if I want nice weather, I'll have to live with the bad.

I am thankful for... that I did Once A Month cooking this month. It has really helped me be able to have a more relaxed day since I'm not scrambling around trying to figure out what to cook, and get it prepared, and cooking it, etc.

From the learning rooms... we are getting back on track after our Christmas break. The preschool children are learning about mittens, snowflakes, and snowmen. These are incorporated in environment with counting, patterning, matching, art, language, and pouring. Flower is starting a number of new units (most at her request): US history in the 20th century, whales, acrylic painting, Shakespeare, as well as math, poetry, botany, artist study, geography. She also will have a spelling test and a math test every Friday this quarter.

From the kitchen... I'm defrosting Chicken Tortellini Soup.

I am wearing... jeans, blue turtleneck, blue cardigan sweater, striped knee socks, and slippers.

I am creating... my themes list for January and preschool materials for January.

I am going... to Jelly Bean's Daisy Girl Scout meeting tonight. They will be talking about Girl Scout Cookie selling techniques at tonight's meeting. Both Jelly Bean and Flower are Girl Scouts. Cookie Sales in our area start on January 17th. So if any of you need cookies, and you don't know anyone who will be selling, please contact me and we'll get you hooked up!

I am reading... actually, nothing right now. I did read a couple of books about simplifying Christmas over the holidays (Unplug the Christmas Machine and The Hundred Dollar Holiday. I preferred The Hundred Dollar Holiday.) I also finished all the books on my November bookshelf. I'll give a review on them in a post sometime this month.

I am hoping... that 2009 is better for me and my family than 2008 was.

I am hearing... one of the daycare children working with modeling clay, and Flower doing something upstairs at the dining room/school table.

Around the house... I'm finally getting the house cleaned up from Flower's American Girl party on Friday night. She invited her sister, and seven other girls and the party went from 5 pm to 10 pm. They played an American Girl Mystery Game, had pizza and cake, watched the American Girl: Kit Kittredge movie, did a hair salon for the girls and their dolls, and did some karaoke singing.

One of my favorite things... is Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate with Marshmallows. Have I mentioned that before?? LOL

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: Not much. Trying to stay warm, and fully get back in the swing with school.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...





~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Go to Peggy's website to participate in the Simple Woman's Daybook project.

No comments: