Monday, November 23, 2009

Daybook for November 23rd

FOR TODAY...

Outside my window...
There is sun. I will be thankful that there is sun. There has been WAY too much rain here lately.

I am thinking...
how I am often not very thankful for the everyday things. I get used to the fact that I live in a house with central heat and that I have a car and food.

I am thankful for...
for my family. They seem to love me, no matter what.

I am wearing...
jeans, white turtleneck, hunter green wool cardigan that I got at Goodwill last year. I LOVE this cardigan. I'm also wearing white ankle socks and my Born clogs. Have you noticed that I wear these shoes a lot???? I'm trying to get all the wear out of them I can before it snows.

I am remembering...
Christopher. We went to the cemetery yesterday and did rubbings on his gravestone.

I am going...
to Jelly Bean's Brownie Meeting tonight.

I am reading...
Mitten Strings For God and I started The House of Ruth, but I haven't got very far. I also picked up a boxed set of 4 of Barbara Kingsolver's novels. I'll probably start on one of those next week. Has anybody read any of Barbara Kingsolver? Which one(s) did you like?


On my mind...
the joy of the kinship of good women friends.


From the learning rooms...
Two days of learning this week, and then we are off until next week.

Noticing that...
it is almost December. Where has the year gone????

Pondering these words...
"Pride is a sin that can readily be seen in others but is rarely admitted in ourselves. Most of us consider pride to be a sin of those on the top, such as the rich and the learned, looking down at the rest of us. There is, however, a far more common ailment among us—and that is pride from the bottom looking up. It is manifest in so many ways, such as faultfinding, gossiping, backbiting, murmuring, living beyond our means, envying, coveting, withholding gratitude and praise that might lift another, and being unforgiving and jealous. The antidote for pride is humility—meekness, submissiveness. It is the broken heart and contrite spirit. Either we can choose to be humble or we can be compelled to be humble. Let us choose to be humble."
(Ezra Taft Benson, May 1989.)

One of my favorite things . . .
sleeping in. Pitiful, I know, but since I get up at 5:45 am during the week, I just LOVE being able to sleep in until 7 or 8 am on the weekends.

From my picture journal . . .
Our dog jumping in the snow last Thanksgiving. Snow is predicted for this year too.
I wonder if it will actually happen??

No comments: