Friday, November 13, 2009

I Can Sew

I took Clothing 1 and Clothing 2 in Junior High. (It was still Junior High when I went to school, not Middle School.) My mom had been making most of my clothes until I was a teenager, and then I sewed many of my own shirts, and all of my dresses.

And then I went to college. I took my sewing machine the first year, but never used it. I left it at my parents house until I got married. And then I've really only got it out for Halloween costumes and Christmas gifts, ever since then.

I keep saying that I'm going to say that I'm going to start sewing, and then I never really have time to really incorporate it into my day.

And then today, I was reading this blog post. And I thought, now I can do that. And what a great way to use up scaps. So my goal for right now is a Simple one. Do one of these for every holiday. If it goes o.k., I might do one for every month, and a special one for birthdays. But beyond that, I'm not going to have any other sewing goals yet. I may have some in the future, because I CAN sew, and I would like to make more of my families clothing. But now is not that time. Now is the time for teaching, and daily cleaning, and reading, and getting enough sleep. And an occassional quick project.

4 comments:

The Queen Bee said...

If you are talking about the cute banner you know you don't even have to sew to make that. Just use fabric glue and wonder under! It's a great looking project.

AndieF said...

Yes, I am talking about the cute banner, and yes, I know that I don't have to be able to sew to do it, but it would be a quick project to sew up, and then I'll be using my sewing machine at least a few times a year, and hopefully, it will eventually become part of my routine.

Unknown said...

Andie, thanks for the idea. I am going to join you and make one to hang over my front window blinds. What a GREAT IDEA!! Mine will say "Give Thanks". I am at a point that I defenitely need to be reminded. thanks, Jen

Mary said...

I would like to sew more, too! Very cute idea. I can't wait to see yours.