Thursday, March 11, 2010

This is not my favorite time of year (m)


It is almost Spring. I mean, that part I am glad about because I'm not a big fan of being cold. But what I'm not a fan of is the fact that we still have snow boots out in the entry way and winter coats and scarves/hats/mittens in the cubbies, but we also have hoodies and slip-on shoes in the cubbies too. But yet, I don't have the Spring clothes tubs out yet, so I hear complaints all the time that "that's too hot" or "where is my pink short sleeve shirt?" And then I didn't get rain boots last year for Flower or Jelly Bean because I thought Flower could wear hers one more year or at the very least pass them on to Jelly Bean, but the boots met with an unfortunate accident and had to be tossed, so now I'll have pay full price for not one pair of rain boots but TWO, and I hate to pay full price. Thank heavens I bought Super some last year on clearance. I'd be REALLY grumpy if I had to buy 3.

I also hate the tub transfer process. It takes entirely too long to go through everything and decide if the stuff in the tub fits, and then get the winter stuff out of the drawers and closets, and decide what winter stuff will still fit next year, and get all the winter stuff washed and put with it, and put the tubs away, and there is always like 2 things that I find later and I don't want to get the tubs out again . . . .

Or what always happens is that I go ahead and get it out and put everything away, and then there is a two week cold snap/heat wave. If I ever have enough money, I'm just going to have my kids each have a huge closet, and they can have spring/summer stuff on one side and fall/winter stuff on the other side so that I don't have to do any of this.

Of course, that would assume that Flower and Jelly Bean would put their clothes away properly. Right now, I don't think that you can even see the floor in their closet, and they've broken two drawers on their dresser and there is a third one on its way. Every time I go in their room, I swear I'm just going to empty the whole thing except for the beds. I have them clean it every week, and yet after two days, it looks like a clothes and paper bomb went off in there. I've tried helping/not helping, yelling/not yelling, limiting the amount of stuff allowed in their room, limiting the amount of clothes they have, and nothing seems to help.

And then the garage, that is storing so much stuff for the winter that we can't get our 2nd car in the garage, that's getting a little old too. And the kids want to ride their bikes, but their bikes are stored up high, and there isn't much room to maneuver around because of all the other stuff in there.

And then there is the rain. I'm not a fan of cold, but at least when it is in the 20s/30s, and there is snow on the ground or even when it is snowing, I can still send the kids out to play. I can't send them out when it is raining. And even after it rains, the ground is so wet, and the kids get so wet and MUDDY. I'm definitely not a fan of mud, especially when it ends all over the house. And of course, I don't have rain boots yet, so the mud and water ends up all over their regular shoes . . .

So yes, this is not my favorite time of year.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Wow, you really do feel strongly about Spring!!! I agree with many of your complaints. Eden was complaining this morning because she wanted to wear something "summerish" like she did the last two days. It is hard for her to understand that it is cold again. Faith's room was a pit yesterday...I even took pictures and am going to blog about it...reminded me of it reading about your girls' closet!